Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dukes of Hazzard Theme

Dukes of Hazzard Theme by Waylon Jennings


The summer going into my freshman year of college I worked at a fish store. I was a fishmonger. It was a great place to work.

For some reason there was a PlayStation in the back room. And during our lunch breaks, if one decided to eat at the store, one could also play some video games. Some times I would do just that. And the game I played? Dukes of Hazzard. Eventually the goal was to see what level one could get to in an hour. Good times!

Now, the Dukes of Hazzard... I've seen the show. It's silly. It's fun. It's racist. It's awesome. It's sexist. It was a pop culture phenomenon. It portrayed Southerners as morons, hicks, and rednecks. But despite all this they turned it into a movie I did not see a few years ago.

I'm not sure where Daisy Duke falls into the whole pop culture pantheon, but she's got to be some where right? If for no other reason that putting the feminism movement back twenty years yet still inventing a fashion that lives on today... sadly, I haven't seen the Dukes enough to actually place them in this 21st century world that we live in.

I'm all over the place... time to end this.

No comments: