Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rainy Day

Rainy Day by Coldplay



Okay you know how I'm more fascinated with Coldplay than just about anyone (not they can't just be good, I have to look at them at every angle possible). There is good Coldplay (this is the Coldplay that sells out arenas and tries to be U2). There is sucky Coldplay (see: X&Y). And there is wow, this band can write really good songs that take some chances (see: Shiver).

This song falls into the wow, this band can write really good songs that take some chances.

I'm not sure what it is about this song, maybe it's the chorus with the strings and Martin singing "I love it when you come over to my house". I guess this song is sort of cheesy, but at the same time it seems so honest.

But I'll just face the music. I love the chorus. It's simple, it's lovely, it's hopelessly romantic, yet totally realistic. That moment when someone comes over... that's just so great. The woman/man you love at your place, on your couch, in you bed... that's how it should be.

"But I love it when you come over to my house, I love it when you come over to my house"

NOTE: sorry about the month off, but I fried my laptop and it took forever to move my songs from my old hard drive to the new one. And yes, it is that hard to do this on an iPod. So I just waited until I could actually get a good shuffle.

No comments: